Tuesday 29 March 2016

Transportation Options when the RV is Parked

Last year, I just ran with the motorhome.... it was a marathon, with few real stops and not a lot of inhaling of the sweetness of roses and sea air.   This year, not so.   But I will need some transport once stopped ... <* he thought to himself *>.   Then a pass through kijiji brought about an idea ... a scooter.

Scooters in 2016 are not what I recall many, many years ago.  They have come a long way !  At any rate, evaluating options, it boiled down to weight and the ability to carry the scooter without breaking the bank.  The Suzuki Burgman 400 and 650 seemed like good options ... motorcycles really .. but they are heavy at 500 and 600 pounds each !   The carrier for that would need to be hefty and expensive.  

So then I spy these little Italian Aprilia 200s ... nice shiny red, low km, at the local motorcycle shop. They are 340 pounds .. not light, per se, but manageable with a hitch mounted carrier.   "Someone Trade-in the pair ?", I asked.   "yup ... it was a divorce."   Two of em.  Ah.  Perfect.  From one to another ... a new life.   "What sort of deal for both of them ?"  ....


Thinking this could be fun around Stanley Bridge for any visitors or family to use !   So, a deal was struck, and buyers remorse was only slight, since the costs were quite reasonable, at least from my searching history on the net.  I had researched carriers and decided the Boss Truck Accessories unit was good ... and distributed from Ontario !

I call Paul Nicolaou on the telephone ... I needed this carrier quick - he had it on courier that afternoon.   Two days later, I pick it up at the purolator office as I was in town.   Wow ... Awesome service ... Perfect.   Now ... to mount that bad boy!  It is solid ... very impressed with the unit.   This should work great.   I'll have transportation where I go and no hit to fuel like dragging a car with me ... Happy Guy.  (notice the icicles hanging off the motorhome !!  I need a warmer climate .. Ha !)


This is all good ... On the road shortly !

Cheers, sd

No comments:

Post a Comment