Wednesday 14 November 2012

Newbie? Blogger? First Post.

I believe my first email address was in 1977 ... entering the hallowed halls of University of Waterloo.  Surfing ?   .. started that in 1994, in a virtual sense.

A smile comes to mind when I recall some of the first www pages I developed in 1994 .... they were ranked in the 10s of thousands.  There weren't more than a 100 thousand then ... good ole mosaic and the other text based systems ... a picture ?  cool!   Millions Billions served.


A lot has passed since then.   Many long days for me, lotsa travel and hard work.  A good deal of fun too.   But now, I consider myself absolutely fortunate because of the family I have, friends I have made, people I know,  places I have seen, and the success I have shared with brilliant partners.


July 31, 2013.   Retirement.  55th Birthday.  Has a nice ring to it.  


Actually, retirement is a odd word.  Really, it's just changing gears - too many fingers in too many pies to be watching Oprah.  My hours will be my own, but they will be busy.


A few things will come to mind .... 
Coalmont Energy Corporation - Plant installation
Installation of Coal Plant
Coalmont Energy Corporation, Coalmont, BC - Nov. 2012
  • Family
  • Construction
  • Electric Vehicles
  • Marina Development
  • www & internet
  • See Seafood
  • Croquet
  • Travel
  • Boating



Check out my profiles, and tag along when you can.  

Cheers
sd




.

No comments:

Post a Comment